Saturday, January 5, 2013

How to fix wifi grayed out in iPhone 4s



Hi. I'm one of the iPhone 4s user. I also bought iPhone 4s for my wife. Three month back, I update my wife's iPhone from IOS 5.0.1 to IOS 6. After that, I update mine to IOS 6. For my wife iPhone, after a month using the new IOS, the wifi suddenly her iPhone cannot detect any wifi connection. Then, she ask me to fix it. I decided to restart her iPhone. I thought, after restart,the wifi will be working again. Unfortunately, the wifi button become grayed out. I cannot even turn it on. Then I decide to send it to the dealer since her iPhone still under warranty. Then send it back to Apple and Apple change it to a new one.

For my iPhone, everything is fine and I update to IOS 6.0.1. The latest version. Last two night, suddenly my iPhone cannot detect wifi. And then, I turn the wifi button off and turn it on again. The result is still the same. Then I decided to downgrade the IOS 6.0.1 to IOS 5.1.1. Last night, I try to downgrade using Redsnow. Unfortunately, I failed to downgrade the IOS and the best part is, the wifi is back to normal. I can turn it on and off and also connect back to my home wifi.

How I do it? Just follow below step. Please note that, if you turn off your iPhone, the wifi will become grayed out again.

File needed : Redsn0w 0.9.14b2, IOS 5.1.1 firmware.

Step 1 - Download two file from above link.
Step 2 - Double click the Redsnow 0.9.14b2
Step 3 - Click on Extras
Step 4 - Click on Even More
Step 5 - Click on Restore
Step 6 - Click on IPSW and locate the IOS 5.1.1 firmware that you just download.
Step 7 - Click Ok on the warning.
Step 8 - Connect you IPhone
Step 9 - Click Next
Step 10 - Let the application finish checking
Step 11 - After about one hour, the application will tell you that downgrade is failed.
Step 12 - Just disconnect your iPhone and restart it.
Step 13 - Check on the wifi setting. It should be ok already.

Good luck...

Note: Try at your own risk. I had tried it and success.

Reference : http://www.redmondpie.com

7 comments:

Brave Boss said...

Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to iphone repair. Thanks for sharing this information.

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation
but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and very broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

my web-site - iphone 5 leaked

Anonymous said...

generic propecia propecia generic usa - propecia after 8 months

ucuz cep telefonu said...

Nice post with great details. I really appreciate your idea. Thanks for sharing.

fryelandry said...

You've done just about everything I would recommend for getting WiFi working again, but if you want to see actual log files, go ahead and grab the Enterprise iPhone Configuration tool from Apple's site, it has a utility that lets you pull the console log off the device. Toggle wifi a few times, pull the log, you should see something useful.
How to fix WiFi grayed out in iPhone 4S
That will work well.

Unknown said...

You can reset network settings. Locate the settings on your iOS device and then perform a Network Settings reset. In iOS 7 and higher. By this way youo can also know how to fix grayed out Wifi on iPhone.
As always, it is best to perform a backup on "Any device" when troubleshooting a hardware or software issue. This could save you from losing valuable photos, videos or other important content. You can connect your iOS device to a laptop which have iPhone Transfer on it, and try it to solved this Wifi problems.

Recover Mac Files said...

This is a good tip especially to those who are still like us using the iPhone 4s. Thank heavens I found this working resolution.

Cheers!

Gene
http://www.macdatarecoveryhq.com/mac-photo-recovery-software/

AliDropship is the best solution for drop shipping