Press Alt-Ctrl Delete, and click on Processes. You will notice that Svchost.exe have occupied most of the memory capacity. Here is some solution in order to fix it. It works... icon_rolleyes.gif
1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the
open box and click OK.
2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".
3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account"
is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is
4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If
not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic".
Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the
6. Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent
Transfer Service (BITS)
Step 4: Re-register Windows Update components and Clear the corrupted
Windows Update temp folder
1. Click on Start and then click Run,
2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
After the above steps are finished. Sicne temporary folder of Windows Update
may be corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder
1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following
command in the opened window.
net stop WuAuServ
(note, you might need to reboot before the net stop command will work)
2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to SDold.